Monday, October 2, 2017

Starting Over with IC - Phase One Create a Plan!






                  I know the title of this entry could be a little confusing but I promise it will not be in the end. Basically, I have reached the point we all try to avoid and fear with a dread that sometimes makes it impossible to face the day. 
                Rock bottom. 
                Now nothing hugely dramatic has happened for me to come to this place. My husband, children, pets, families, possessions etc are all great. It is myself who is not. I mentioned in a previous post about some personal issues I have been dealing with over the past few months and after my recent trip, I decided I was going to make a change. 
                A lifestyle change if you will. 
                In the Twilight Saga, there is a character called Jacob, who undergoes a dramatic transformation over the course of the books. Both from teen to adult, but also physically into a ripped mountain of a fellow. 
                Now clearly I will not reach his level, considering I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of between 5 ft 3 and 5 ft 4 tall, however, I feel it is that time in my life where a change needs to made and not just for my conditions sake. 
                My name is Alison and I am addicted to sugar. Today I weighed myself and discovered that I weigh more than I ever have before. 
                Seeing that number, knowing my mental state the past few months and remembering my decision to make a change today is the day. I'm going to do something I never thought I would do...post my weight/measurements online for all to see. So here goes....
   
            Day One - October 2nd, 2017

            Weight - 213 lbs (just over 15 stone for my English fans...YIKES!!)
            Measurements:
  • Bust: 45 in
  • Chest: 40 in 
  • Waist: 41 in
  • Hips: 47 in
  • Midway: 44 in
  • Thighs: 27 in
  • Knees: 19.5 in
  • Calves: 18 in 
  • Upper arm: 14 in 
  • Forearms: 12 in 
          For my height, let's be generous and say I am 5 ft 4, I should be in the ideal weight range of around 110 to 145 lbs. Personally, I would settle for anything around 150 or 160 since I have a bigger frame but due to the sheer number of pounds to lose, and hopefully plenty of inches, I will take what I can get. 
           My main goal in this personal challenge is really just to be healthier. A lot healthier. Eating better, exercising as much as I can and finding a better quality of life for myself and in turn my family. I feel doing this challenge for myself will help my condition quite a lot since I really have put it thru the ringer the past few weeks....okay, months. 
          I'm wiping the slate clean and starting a new. 
          If you feel the need or just want to see what I am eating to help with this, please let me know in the comments. I may include pictures of working out and/or meals I have to help my fellow IC sufferers anyway. I am hoping to update my progress every week, but you all know how crazy life can get. 
          Always keep fighting and remember you are not alone. 

          Alison 

          #alwayskeepfighting
          #youareenough
          #youarenotalone

No comments:

Post a Comment