Thursday, May 7, 2015

Phase Two!



      Today I reached a milestone in my journey and it is the completion of all bladder washes I needed to have done.  
     YAY!!   
     This means that unless I have another flare up that can not be controlled with diet I should not need another procedure.  

     I think this is a great opportunity to give a shout out to my favorite Doctor who wrestled through this journey with me and after everything found out my problem.  

http://phase2women.com/

   The place is called Phase 2 Women's Center, here in Utah.  My doctor is Dr. Elizabeth Graul M.D but I have seen others and everyone, including the nurses and receptionist staff are the best I have encountered in my 33 years.  We have been through a lot together and even though I hope to never have a flare up that is bad enough to need another visit anytime soon I will miss those smiling faces.  So if you live close by I strongly recommend them.  

    Yes, without those amazing ladies we would not know my condition and I very easily could have continued living in pain.  Today I am pretty close to being pain free and compared to what it was a year ago, night and day.  

    I am very lucky to have found a place where they would not give up until I was properly diagnosed and a place where I felt I could express my emotions that went along with my pain without being called dramatic.  It is hard to find a doctor that you believe in and that you feel like you can trust.  With a condition that is chronic I feel it is important to have someone like that you can talk to.  

    For me today is a giant leap into my new lifestyle and as my favorite receptionist said this morning, my new life.  I do have a new lease of life and I do not plan to let this chance go to waste.  The sun does come out from behind the clouds, we just have to be patience and wait for it.  

   If you are struggling please hold on.  It is always darkest before the dawn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment