Saturday, May 30, 2015

New Goal Reached!



         The passed few days my life has increased in such a positive way that I just can not contain my happiness and excitement.  The picture above should give you an idea on what I have been up to but I will spell it out.  

        This week, going into week 6, I started rollerblading with the kids after school and their chores.  

         Honestly I have not been on roller blades for a long time...like 15 years, with a small bit of practice around 8 years ago when my daughter was little and I was pushing her around in the stroller a little.

         As expected the beginning was unstable, shaky and seriously embarrassing.  I was very happy that only the kids were around.  That being said after a few minutes I got my groove back.  At the end of the time, around 20 minutes, my feet and ankles were hurting like crazy but it was worth it.  

         Yesterday was my second time around and it was so much better.  I lasted around 30 - 40 minutes and even though my feet still hurt, after a few minutes it went away and I did not notice it anymore.  

          After almost a year and a half in pain the idea that I could even think about doing something so physical without worrying about the pain was just mind blowing.  I could not comprehend walking at a steady pace, let alone riding a bike or putting back on roller blades.  

          I mean sure for my first thing to do when I started feeling better I could have just walked around the block but really I love rollerblading.  I have since the first time I tried doing it back in the 90's.  I never thought I would get around to doing it again and I am so happy that I am able to do it now.  

          I know I still need to watch my condition and take care of myself to keep this good momentum going but in this situation we need to celebrate the little victories.  For me this is a huge victory. 

           #AlwaysKeepFighting
           
           Never give up.  A rainbow could be around the corner.  Today I saw the rainbow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment